Simporte's response to COVID-19
Simporte's action to help customers, communities and employees affected by COVID-19
As COVID-19 continues to spread globally, Simporte, as a Global company, want to assure the health and safety of our employees, customers, partners and suppliers above all. We are regularly referring to the guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on how to best contain the spread of the virus, provide a safe working environment for our employees, and minimize the impact to our clients. Additionally, we have established a cross-functional COVID-19 Task Force that is managing this situation in real-time as it develops around the world.
The talented employees at our manufacturing and service delivery sites are the backbone of our Company. While we know that we, like most other organizations, will face new challenges created by COVID-19, we will maintain our relentless focus on doing everything we can to meet our client commitments.
In order to continue to honor our legacy of execution and meeting our client commitments, while also protecting our employees around the world, we have implemented the following:
- First and foremost, protecting our global workforce: There is nothing more important than the safety and wellbeing of our employees around the world. We have implemented flexible working policies, including telecommuting and staggered shifts, and have developed processes for illness and exposure self reporting. We are mandating adherence to personal hygiene best practices in line with WHO and CDC guidelines, and have developed site-leader training to reinforce those best practices across our locations. Additionally, we have ceased all domestic and international non-essential business travel.
- Activating our business continuity plan to meet client commitments: We have robust business continuity plans, which we have fully activated in light of the disruption caused by COVID-19. We are in close contact with our clients, and sharing if there is any anticipated impact to their service. Additionally, we are in direct communications with our worldwide partners to assure delivery reliability. Should we need flexibility in this regard, we are confident in our ability to leverage our broad network of suppliers to minimize disruption.
- Leveraging our manufacturing scale and footprint to limit business disruption: We serve more than 10 countries and we have 6 facilities around the world, which provides us with the capacity and flexibility to shift production in order to meet our commitments. As COVID-19 continues to challenge organizations around the world, we will continue to do our best to leverage our broad network of facilities to meet client demand.
Caring about our employees
Our administrative employees are operating from home, and to reduce the chance of contagion and increase the safety of those serving our community, we have reduced our working hours in our warehouses.
- Wilmington, DE (US) : 8AM to 15PM EST
- Pertland, OR (US) : 9AM to 15PM PT
- Gardena, CA (US) : 9AM to 15PM PT
- Chengdu (China) : Closed
- Warrington (United Kingdom) : Closed
- Granada (Spain) : Closed
As we navigate this challenging business environment, our mission to deliver an excellent experience for our customers remains the same. We will do whatever it takes to continue to honor our legacy of stellar execution.